There are hundreds of ways to raise money for a good cause, but it can be common to have a mental block when trying to come up with ideas. Here are 17 really unique fundraising ideas to help you get inspired.
If you think of any other ideas, then please share them in the comments below.
Want to share this on your site? Just copy the code below!
- Onion Peeling Competition: Who can peel the most onions in a given time? Don’t cry! (Donate to play)
- Duck Race: Sell numbered plastic ducks and launch them from a bridge. The duck to finish first wins.
- The Apprentice: Give a group of people £10 and a given amount of time to use the funds to raise as much as they can for the cause.
- Choose the Torture: Come up with 3 tortures for a willing participant. Charge £1 a vote to decide their fate.
- Eating Baked Beans with a Cocktail Stick: Challenge your friends to a baked bean eating competition - how many can you eat in a minute using only a cocktail stick? (Donate to play)
- Knobbly knees Competition: Who in your group of friends has the knobbliest knees? Take some pictures and charge your friends to see who can guess correctly.
- Ugly Face Pulling Competition: A prize for the most outrageous face - make sure you get photographic evidence! (Donate to play).
- Welly Throwing: Throwers compete to see whose welly goes furthest (Donate to play).
- Strawberries & Cream: Is Wimbledon on? Get people round to watch the match and get donations for strawberries and cream (At Wimbledon they charge £2.50 for 10 berries and cream).
- Beat the Goalie: Challenge your friends to a beat the goalie competition (Donate to play)
- Have a Fine Box: Donations have to be made for being the last one in the office, being late or mobiles ringing in meetings.
- Coin Line Race: Two teams. See how long you can make your coins go in a given time, longest line wins. Donate all coins to charity at the end.
- Local Restaurant Support: Ask a local restaurant to donate 10% of their profits on a designated night for your cause in exchange for encouraging supporters to eat there.
- Get Lost: Dump teams in the middle of nowhere. With no money or transport, see who gets back to base first. Charge entrance fees and offer prizes.
- Blind Auction: Everyone brings wrapped gifts as donations to be auctioned off. An inspection period should be offered prior to the start of the auction, during which time bidders can pick up gifts to feel how heavy they are. The gifts are then auctioned off, still wrapped. After all items have been sold, everyone opens their gifts to see what they have won.
- Bad Makeup Day: Wear no make up and get people to donate to do it for you.
- Yes day: Say yes to everyone’s demands (within reason) and ask people to sponsor you to do so.
- The Bonus Unique Fundraising Idea: Sign up to iStreet. When you do your online shopping you can generate free donations for charity.